Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Changin'

Things are a changin' and man is it awesome. I have been stuck in this rut lately not being able to pull myself out of it. I was tired of hearing well a New Year is coming and everything is going to be different. Really? How can things be so different from one day, month, week, year, even decade to another? But it has been. I have made some personal changes for myself. I want to be a more proactive and a more positive person. I am not going to let others put me down and I sure am not going to let myself put me down. I also want to do more things just for me. I am a giver. But lately I have been giving way more than I have taken in. Not by anyone's fault but my own. It is easy to get stuck in that cycle and truly convince yourself that it is more important to take care of others then yourself. But then my Dad said something that was what I needed to hear at that moment. He said, that I needed to fill myself up so I can have something to give. I guess I was burnt out. I am also taking school a lot more seriously because that in itself is going to really take me where I want to be.
Powhatan Community Church is changing. I invest a lot of my time at PCC. I love the people there and really respect our leadership. But lately things weren't what they use to be and I really think no one could really put there finger on it. I got invited to a Leadership Training meeting with a bunch of leaders from our church. I was really excited to hear Pastor Brian talk about all the things that were going to be changing at PCC this year. And that we are going to make this the best year EVER in the history of our church. And that is exciting to be a part of.
Basically,
It is a new year. And it is going to be a good one. A lot of exciting things are happening to me and my community. Stay tuned! (=

No comments:

Post a Comment