Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Spirit...

I have to honest. This is the first Christmas that I have felt excited, not about the presents, but what this night means to my faith. I have been reading the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan and it has truly put my views into perspective. God loved us so much that He sent His son into this world to redeem us. I know, I know, you hear it all the time...For God so loved the world...I am sure you can finish it...But for some reason this year has felt different. I stand in awe of God for sending us Jesus. It started in a manger and ended on a cross but through that I have been redeemed. I don't have to fear the fires of hell because I am covered by the love of Christ. In Crazy Love (which I will be posting about chapter by chapter) Chan says to just stand in awe of God. King Solomon said that only fools rush in the presence of God. What better time to stand in awe of our God then Christmas? I mean even the Angels rejoiced and sang for joy that Christmas night. My very soul has been saved because the tiny baby who was born grew up to be a man who took the sins of the world on His shoulders and redeemed His people. It is time to celebrate...

No comments:

Post a Comment