Saturday, November 21, 2009

Summer 2010

What to do, what to do, what to do. Next summer is going to be the summer of huge opportunities. I have had three very different paths placed before me. I applied for an internship with World Harvest Mission back in the beginning of October. It is for a two month trip to Vienna, Austria. I would be working in the city doing various Urban Ministries and also working with kids running English Camps during the weeks. I fell in love with Vienna during our one night stay on the way home from Macedonia. I would love to be immersed in the Austrian culture and also love to enhance my rather awful spoken German. I would also have an opportunity to see a friend of mine who lives in Germany. I miss her like crazy and I haven't seen her in the last year and a half.
The second opportunity came about within the last week or so. Pastor Brain and Susan just got back from spending two weeks in South Africa The friendship that they forged there opened up a great chance for some college students from PCC to return to South Africa next summer during the 2010 World Cup to do a huge ministry outreach. I got to have dinner with the Hughes, other college students, and Pastor Riaan from the church in South Africa. Getting a chance to listen to him speak about the need in South Africa and how we would be able to reach the masses coming into the country for the World Cup is huge. It would be for three months in various places around South Africa. Just hearing how many people are going to be pouring into the country during this four week sporting event is astonishing.
The third opportunity is well... to stay home. I would be able to get ahead in school work and be on track for graduating when I want to. Also, World Changers 2010 is going to Neptune, New Jersey this year and since I will be 21 by then I will be able to go as a Crew Leader. This is huge for me because I would love being able to lead a group. It is also a huge chance to really do some domestic mission work.
I also really want to go on the PCC Belize trip in 2011. Staying at home will give me the chance to get school work done and also save money for Belize. I am also not sure if I am willing to leave my family and Patrick and his family for two to three months. With the way things are with Patrick's Dad I really want to be here to support him through all this craziness.
I have been praying about this. I want to be where God wants me to be and I don't want to regret the choice that I actually do make. On one hand the wanderlust part of me says travel, live big, travel the world for Jesus, but on the other hand I really feel like maybe God wants me home this summer. To focus on school and to really stand by my guy as he is going through an extreme emotional time. I do feel like God wants me to be a Missionary and to really devote my life to that but right now I need to really think about the things I have going on at home. God's timing is perfect even if it isn't what I want to be doing that particular moment. I know He knows the plans He has for me. My prayer is that I will hear His whisper above the noise...

No comments:

Post a Comment